Spooky Baked Halloween Chips – You only need 15 minutes and 3 ingredients to make these adorable ghost chips. The perfect spooky Halloween snack! Don’t miss our favorite dips below! (Gluten-Free, Paleo-Friendly, Vegan-Friendly)
I’m kind of a Halloween dud in the decorations department (I stick with a few fall leaves and some paper cut-out bats with cute faces), but I *do* like to have a bit of fun when it comes to Halloween food, treats, and snacks.
My number one rule is that I don’t want anything too time-consuming or fussy (or I’ll have a hard time fitting it in), so easy Halloween snacks like these baked ghost chips are right up my alley.
These spooky baked chips only take 3 ingredients and about 15 minutes to pull together, and they look ADORABLE. Plus, with so many fun dips to try, they’d be easy to use as part of a Halloween snack plate or part of a party spread.
Here’s all you need to get started (+a few fun ideas for serving them!)…
HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THESE HALLOWEEN TORTILLA CHIPS:
FLOUR TORTILLAS (GLUTEN-FREE OR GRAIN-FREE IF NEEDED). The base of our spooky Halloween chips is flour tortillas! I like that you can get several cuts out of each one, and they hold their shape well when baked. (Gluten-free? Grain-free? See the FAQ for our faves!)
AVOCADO OIL OR OLIVE OIL. To help the ghost chips brown and crisp in the oven, we mist them with avocado or olive oil. (If you can’t find 100% spray oil without propellants or additives, you can brush some oil on with a pastry brush instead.)
SALT. The big flavor here comes from a generous sprinkling of salt. I love using a mix of flaky sea salt and kosher salt. You get crunch and flavor and it’s lovely. (Or, mix things up with lime salt!)
HOW TO MAKE SPOOKY BAKED HALLOWEEN CHIPS:
Once you’ve gathered your 3 ingredients + a cookie cutter, the rest is easy! Here’s how you make these spooky baked tortilla chips, step-by-step:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- Working one tortilla at a time, use a cookie cutter to cut out ghost-shaped chips from your tortillas. I’m usually able to get 5-6 ghosts per tortilla. (Try to place your cuts as close together as possible to avoid waste.)
- Transfer cutouts to your prepared baking sheet.
- Lightly mist the chips with a little olive oil spray or avocado oil spray + sprinkle with salt.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 5-7 minutes, and serve with salsa, guacamole, or my favorite Pumpkin Taco Soup!
YUMMY DIPS TO SERVE WITH THESE SPOOKY BAKED CHIPS:
- OUR FAVORITE FRESH SALSA. Simple, easy, classic. Plus, it’s super easy to adjust the salsa from mild to super spicy. You’re the boss!
- PICO DE GALLO. A little more texture with simple clean flavors.
- FRESH MANGO SALSA. Take your salsa in a sweet direction with the sweet heat of mango salsa. SO GOOD.
- SALSA VERDE. Or, go green with our tomatillo salsa verde. It’s so pretty!
- GUACAMOLE. If cool and creamy is your thing, try guacamole. We’ve got an amazing classic recipe + tons of tasty variations to try.
- AVOCADO SALSA. Avocado salsa is like the perfect marriage of guacamole + salsa verde. The best of both worlds!
FAQ + TIPS AND TRICKS FOR THESE SPOOKY BAKED CHIPS:
OUR FAVORITE GLUTEN-FREE TORTILLAS. If you’re eating gluten-free, all you have to watch for these Halloween chips is the tortillas! We like Mission brand gluten-free tortillas (soft, good flavor) and Siete brand, which come in several varieties. (Most Siete tortillas are paleo!)
CAN I USE CORN TORTILLAS INSTEAD? It’s up to you. We usually use flour-based tortillas for these spooky baked chips because you can get more cuts out of each tortilla and have less waste. But if corn tortillas are your jam, go for it! They’re delicious.
WHAT DO YOU DO WITH THE LEFTOVER TORTILLA PIECES? I actually bake them! You can prep them similarly to the ghost chips, bake them till golden, and use them to top soups, sprinkle over taco salads, or munch on!
HOW TO STORE THESE SPOOKY BAKED CHIPS? Our spooky Halloween ghost chips work best the same day they’re baked, but if you have leftovers or are making them in advance, they will keep in an airtight bag or container for 1-2 days at room temperature.
CRAVING MORE? YOU MIGHT ALSO LOVE THESE OTHER FUN SNACKS + TREATS:
- APPLE NACHOS
- CUTE + EASY HALLOWEEN TREATS
- OWL CUPCAKES
- CHOCOLATE BROWNIE HUMMUS
- MUFFIN TIN SNACK TRAYS FOR KIDS
- HEALTHY BANANA SPLITS