Halloween Monster Face Smoothies – Learn how to use a marker to make adorable monster smoothies on your smoothie cups. The perfect Halloween breakfast or healthy Halloween snack!
This is maybe the EASIEST Halloween hack ever!
Since everyone will get their share of Halloween candy and cute Halloween treats, one easy (less-dessert-ish) way to celebrate the holiday is with a yummy, healthy Halloween breakfast or snack.
Enter: MONSTER FACE SMOOTHIES!
This SUPER easy hack will delight the kids at your house and make you the fun mom with minimal effort. It takes 30 seconds and turns your morning smoothie or afternoon snack into something fun and festive in no time.
Here’s how you turn a regular smoothie into these cute Halloween monster face smoothies…
HERE’S HOW TO MAKE CUTE MONSTER FACE SMOOTHIES
- GRAB YOUR SUPPLIES. Start with a glass cup or glass jar + a permanent marker or paint marker.
- GET CREATIVE. Draw a funny, spooky, scary, or silly face on the cup with your permanent marker.
- ADD THE SMOOTHIE! Fill the cup with your favorite smoothie! (Some of our favorite kid-friendly smoothies are below!)
- WASH + WIPE UP. Wash the face off the glass with bubbly soapy water. (This usually takes care of all the marker for me, but any leftover marker will come right off with a tiny bit of rubbing alcohol!)
TRY THESE YUMMY SMOOTHIES AS HALLOWEEN MONSTER SMOOTHIES:
Wondering what smoothie to pour inside these cute monster face cups? I’ve got you covered! Here are some of our family’s favorite smoothies (all kid-approved!)…
ORANGE + YELLOW:
PURPLE OR RED:
- Blueberry Peach Smoothie (pictured)
- Cherry Berry Smoothie
- Blueberry Pomegranate Smoothie
- Tropical Strawberry Pitaya Smoothie
- Chocolate Cherry Smoothie
- Our Favorite Chocolate Banana Smoothie (pictured)
- Chai Spice Banana Smoothie
FAQ + TIPS AND TRICKS FOR THE BEST MONSTER FACE SMOOTHIES:
HOW DO I GET THE MARKER OFF THE CUP!? No worries! Most of the time, the marker will wash right off the glass with soapy water and a little scrubbing. Any residue or stubborn marker will come RIGHT off with rubbing alcohol.
WILL ANY OTHER KIND OF PEN WORK? I’ve also used white paint markers before (which you can see above on the purple smoothie cup). I can typically wipe these off with water + rubbing alcohol as well. (You can test it on the bottom of your cup first if you’re nervous!)
WHAT KIND OF CUP WORKS BEST FOR MONSTER FACE SMOOTHIES? I highly recommend glass. It’s SUPER easy to get permanent marker off of a glass cup or jar, and it can be trickier to do with plastic. (If you want, you can test it on the bottom of a plastic cup first before you commit to the whole cup.)