Rosemary Chicken BLT Salad – This salad is anything but boring. Flavorful chicken with an herby crust, crispy bacon, colorful tomatoes, and a dynamite dressing. It’s everything I’m looking for.
This Rosemary Chicken BLT Salad is anything but boring. It’s everything I’m looking for.
This salad is paleo and Whole30 friendly, and it’s just plain delicious. It’s a flavorful and filling lunch or dinner. You can cook the chicken and bacon ahead of time and keep it ready to go for packed lunches throughout the week, or make a double batch and pair the leftover chicken with some veggies and sweet potatoes for an easy meal made from leftovers.
Notes on the Recipe.
Doing Whole30? No problem! For compliant steak seasoning, I like Simply Organic or Primal Palate. I use Pedersen’s bacon which is compliant, and my Avocado Ranch Dressing is also completely compliant. Load up the veggies and enjoy!
Let’s talk dressing. I’ve tried two amazing dressings with this salad and honestly, both were incredible. My super simple honey mustard dressing is a gorgeous blend of sweet and tangy, while my Creamy Avocado Ranch lends a feeling of richness and a happy boost of flavor. Consider this a choose-your-own-adventure sort of salad.
Change it up. This salad easily lends itself to plenty of other veggies. I love adding diced carrot and cucumber, though you can also toss in some roasted red peppers, diced jicama, fresh celery, or even something like peperoncinis for a little kick. Feel free to add as many veggies as you like! You could even add some crispy croutons for more crunch (so long as you’re not doing Whole30).
- 1 lb chicken breast (boneless, skinless)
- 2-3 tsp steak seasoning
- 1-1½ Tbsp fresh rosemary (or 1 tsp dried)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- a drizzle of olive oil for cooking
- 6-8 cups lettuce or mixed greens
- 4-6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1- 1½ cups sliced baby tomatoes
- ½ avocado, sliced
- Optional: 1-2 cups additional veggies (try cucumber, carrot, jicama, bell pepper, etc.)
- Honey Mustard Dressing (recipe below) or Creamy Avocado Ranch
- 3 Tbsp honey
- 3 Tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise or vegannaise
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: ½ Tbsp fresh dill (or ½ tsp dried dill)
- Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Sprinkle one side of the chicken breast with steak seasoning, rosemary, and a little salt and pepper. When the oil is warm, place chicken seasoned side down in the skillet. Sprinkle the unseasoned side with remaining steak seasoning, rosemary, and a little salt and pepper.
- Cook 6-8 minutes per side, or until chicken is completely cooked through and no pink remains. Let rest 2-3 minutes, before slicing.
- Pile greens on individual plates (or in a big serving bowl). Sprinkle over bacon, sliced tomatoes, avocado slices and cooked chicken on top. Drizzle with desired dressing and enjoy!
- In a small jar or bowl, whisk together honey, mustard, and mayonnaise/vegannaise until completely smooth. Stir in salt, pepper, and dill. Taste and add more seasoning or herbs as desired.