Salsa Verde Chicken Chili – This might be the EASIEST chili recipe ever! Just 7 ingredients + 15 minutes and you’re ready to enjoy this lighter take on chili night. (Gluten-Free + Easy!)
For the soup:
- 12–16 oz. cooked shredded or cubed chicken
- 2 cups salsa verde (green salsa), homemade or store-bought
- 4 cups water or chicken stock
- 2 (15 oz.) cans great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles
- 1 tsp. cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- salt, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro (optional)
- In a Dutch oven or soup pot, combine cooked chicken, salsa, water, beans, green chiles, cumin, and chili powder. Stir to combine well.
- Bring to a simmer to heat through. Taste and add salt, as desired. Garnish with cilantro, if desired.
- This soup gets better over time, so feel free to make it early!
- Category: Soup
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex
Keywords: salsa verde chicken chili, chicken chili, salsa chicken chili, green chicken chili,