Ooh, happy Monday, dear reader. First off, CONGRATULATIONS to Katie C. who won our Slow Cooker Giveaway! I can’t wait for you to get to make all kinds of delicious things.
It’s Halloween week. Can you believe it? It’s the week of costumes and candy, yes, but I also feel like it’s the National Week of Chili and Cornbread and Cupcakes. I don’t have any cupcakes to share (other than my favorite owl cupcakes of yore), but I do have cornbread to share in the form of gluten free mini cornbread muffins.
Cornbread is home to me. There’s something so much better and happier and homier about cornbread than there is about corn chips, or toast. It’s not something we eat very often, but it’s absolutely what we need when we’re eating something like Slow Cooker Pumpkin Taco Soup, Chicken Lime Soup, or Pumpkin Chili.
Both babies love these tiny little muffins. Their little hands love the manageable size, and Michael loves that he can stack them up on his plate and eat them one by one. I love the smell and the warmth and the magic of a little honey on top. Light, fluffy, a little sweet, and the perfect tiny size, these are our very favorite GFDF cornbread muffins to date. We’ve been experimenting for a year, and this is it, friends. They’re just what we were looking for.Print
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup sweet rice rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tbsp honey or pure maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- Mix together cornmeal, sweet rice flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together almond milk, eggs, honey, and coconut oil. Stir the wet ingredient into the dry ingredients.
- The batter will be very thin (it might seem too thin). Scoop or pour into a mini muffin pan (greased or lined if using a metal pan, no greasing needed if using silicone).
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or till springy when you touch them.
- Let cool and serve with honey!