(Tip: We just bought a “single serving” bottle of carrot juice, but we had a bit leftover after making a few batches of this smoothie. Sophie–age 3–liked drinking the leftover carrot juice mixed 50-50 with orange juice. Try it out!)
The carrot juice is great here. It’s surprisingly creamy, but it also doesn’t overpower the rest of the flavors. The kiwi gives just the right tartness, and the strawberry and mango keep things just sweet enough. It’s a great afternoon snack, breakfast, or dessert. They’re Sophie and Milo approved, and I think you’ll love them. Hope they give you a great midweek pick-me-up!
Psst! Other fruit & veggie smoothies you might want to try…
- Vanilla Kale Smoothie (it’ll change your mind about kale)
- Pineapple Ginger Smoothie
- Mango Lime Smoothie Popsicles (just drink this straight rather than freezing it)
- 3/4 cup strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 3/4 cup frozen mangos
- 1 kiwi, peeled
- 1/2 cup carrot juice, plus more as needed
- Place all ingredients in a blender and puree until very smooth, adding more carrot juice as needed.
- Makes 2 grown-up sized smoothies or 4 small ones.