Energizing Pineapple Ginger Smoothie – This refreshing pineapple smoothie is such a delicious blend of flavors! Packed with nutrients, some secret boosts, and greens, it’s the perfect smoothie to fuel (or perk up!) your day. (Paleo & Vegan)
I know, I know. Does it get anymore stereotypically healthy than smoothies? But here’s the thing: I’m a smoothie girl. I love them all year round! In the summer, they’re the BEST for cooling me down, and in the winter? An awesome way to load up on nutrients to ward off colds or soothe a sore throat.
This pineapple ginger smoothie is one of my long-time favorites. My kids have loved it since they were teeny tiny, and I come back to it every year for all its delicious flavor and pretty color. It’s my go-to when I’m under the weather or when I’m boiling hot from being out in the sun. Refreshing, creamy, with a tiny hint of ginger, it’s such a bright, happy dose of yumminess!
WHY THIS PINEAPPLE GINGER SMOOTHIE IS THE BEST:
- IT’S MADE FROM SIMPLE INGREDIENTS! Pineapple Ginger Smoothies are super simple–pineapple, banana or mango, orange juice, spinach, and just a bit of fresh ginger.
- IT’S SOOTHING & ENERGIZING. Ginger is one of my all-time favorite flavors. In cooler months, I love a cup of warm water with honey, lemon, and ginger, and this pineapple ginger smoothie takes all the ginger goodness and pairs it with some sunny pineapple and citrus that feels so bright and tasty.
- IT’S EASY TO BOOST! Then, since I can hardly help it, I add a little boost for some protein or fat. I’ve listed my favorites below here in the notes section, but if you’re looking for a yummy green smoothie that even your kids will like, this pineapple ginger smoothie is worth a try. It’s the perfect way to start (or perk up!) your day!
TIPS & TRICKS FOR A PERFECT PINEAPPLE GINGER SMOOTHIE:
LET’S TALK SMOOTHIE BOOSTS. I feel like a bit of a broken record, but my two go-to smoothie boosts are chia seeds or unsweetened protein powder. Chia seeds are easy and convenient (also vegan + paleo friendly). I love collagen because it’s flavorless, dairy free, high-quality, and doesn’t have any texture at all. (You can blend it into hot things or cold things). If you’re looking for vegan protein powder, this is the best one I’ve tried.
GOT LEFTOVERS? HERE’S WHAT I DO… First off, I often freeze leftover smoothies in mason jars with reusable (BPA-free) plastic lids. I leave 1-2″ at the top to allow for expansion, and then I pull them out and put them in the fridge overnight. By morning (or even after just a few hours), they’re an awesome slushy texture. Other than that, I swear by freezing leftover smoothie in a popsicle mold. It’s an instant snack for later and these feel SO good on a hot afternoon or for a sore throat.
SUBSTITUTIONS, SWAPS & VARIATIONS. There are plenty of ways to change this pineapple ginger smoothie up. I’ve done it with coconut milk instead of water for a more creamy version. I’ve also tried adding a few drops of vanilla which turns it into an almost orange (well, pineapple) Julius. You can also swap out the water for coconut water! (And if you don’t like bananas in your smoothies, you can totally use mango.)
DON’T HAVE A HIGH-SPEED BLENDER? TRY THIS! I absolutely LOVE my Blendtec (look at Costco or Sam’s Club for a sale!), but if you don’t have a high-speed blender, my favorite trick is to blend your greens and liquids FIRST before adding the other ingredients. The greens break down much more smoothly this way.
FEELING THE SMOOTHIE LOVE? YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE…
- Superfood Blueberry Pomegranate Smoothie (one of my ALL TIME favorites!)
- Chocolate Cherry Smoothie
- Chai Spiced Banana Smoothie
- 5 Smoothie Bowls to Try Right Now
- Peach Pineapple Perfection Smoothie