Blueberry Muffin Overnight Oats – Creamy, delicious overnight oats with a blueberry muffin twist! You’ll love this yummy meal prep breakfast! (Gluten-free, vegan)
Back today with another yummy overnight oats recipe! Easy pantry-friendly breakfasts like this are so great when time is tight, and the flavor combinations are basically endless.
This Blueberry Muffin Overnight Oats recipe is one of my favorites whenever I can find fresh blueberries. It’s basically all the cozy goodness of a blueberry muffin in overnight oats form! love that it has a tiny hint of cinnamon, and the fresh blueberries are 💯💯💯!
Plus, this meal prep breakfast only takes a few minutes to put together. Here’s what you need to make a batch of these Blueberry Muffin Overnight Oats…
HERE’S WHAT GOES INTO MY BLUEBERRY MUFFIN OVERNIGHT OATS RECIPE:
- (Gluten-Free) Rolled Oats. Rolled oats are my favorite for overnight oats since they strike the perfect balance of soft after soaking without being mushy. (Want to know if you can use another kind? See the FAQ below!)
- Chia Seeds. Chia seeds add some plant-based protein and healthy fats, plus they give these blueberry muffin overnight oats a nice, creamy texture. If you’re not into chia seeds, you can skip them. Just know your oats won’t be *quite* as thick and creamy. (You can mitigate this by using 1/2 yogurt and 1/2 milk instead of all milk if you like.)
- A Pinch Of Salt. A tiny pinch of salt (less than 1/8tsp.) really makes a difference for me. I love that it keeps my overnight oats from tasting flat.
- Pure Maple Syrup. Let your tastebuds be your guide here. You can make these sweeter or less sweet, depending on your taste. I usually use about 1 tsp. of syrup in my overnight oats, but you may want more or less.
- Your Favorite Milk. Use whatever milk you usually drink for these blueberry muffin overnight oats. We’re dairy-free, so we use almond, oat, cashew, or coconut. Soy, rice, and dairy milk also work. Use what you like!
- Fresh Blueberries. Naturally, we finish out our blueberry muffin overnight oats with fresh blueberries! They’re sweet and bright and delicious. Yum!
- Sliced Almonds or Chopped Pecans. The crunch is delightful!
- Cinnamon Or Chai Spice. To play up the blueberry muffin angle, I like adding a little pinch of cinnamon or my chai spice mixture. It’s fabulous with the blueberries.
4 WAYS TO JAZZ UP THESE BLUEBERRY MUFFIN OVERNIGHT OATS
- ADD A DRIZZLE OF ALMOND BUTTER OR PEANUT BUTTER. A little almond butter on top adds another layer to these blueberry muffin overnight oats, and I love it. Or, you can use peanut butter for some PB & J vibes!
- OR, USE A LITTLE LEMON ZEST. Blueberries + lemon = a classic combo. A *tiny* bit of lemon zest really brightens up these blueberry overnight oats! (I usually skip the cinnamon if I add lemon.)
- TOP WITH CRUNCHY GRANOLA. A little granola reminds me of streusel and tastes great with the blueberries and creamy oats.
FAQ + TIPS & TRICKS FOR THE BEST BLUEBERRY MUFFIN OVERNIGHT OATS
MY FAVORITE CONTAINERS FOR OVERNIGHT OATS. I love using these Weck jars or these small glass containers for overnight oats, but use whatever’s convenient for you. (You just want something with a lid so they stay covered in the fridge.)
GLUTEN-FREE? MAKE SURE YOU… use certified gluten-free oats. Oats don’t contain gluten, but they’re often grown and processed in ways that cause cross-contamination, so you’ll want to buy certified gluten-free oats. Trader Joe’s, Bob’s Red Mill, Nature’s Path, and GF Harvest, and these sprouted oats are my favorites.
CAN I USE STEEL-CUT OATS OR QUICK-COOKING OATS INSTEAD? It’s up to you! Rolled oats are my favorite for texture in this blueberry muffin overnight oats recipe (they soften but don’t go mushy). Quick-cooking oats can get a little mushy after a couple of days, and steel-cut oats often remain pretty chewy for my taste. But you do you!
DO YOU EAT THESE WARM OR COLD? Overnight oats are typically eaten cold, though if that weirds you out, you *can* warm them up on the microwave for about a minute, or on the stovetop. You may want to leave the fruit out until after heating if you go this route and may need an extra splash of milk to maintain their creamy texture.
TIPS FOR MAKING THEM SEVERAL DAYS AHEAD OF TIME. If you plan to make your blueberry muffin overnight oats several days in advance, I recommend not adding the blueberries until you’re ready to serve them. The berries will have a better texture that way.
HOW LONG DO OVERNIGHT OATS LAST IN THE FRIDGE? Generally speaking, overnight oats last well 2-3 days in the refrigerator. If you plan to make them several days in advance, I recommend following the tips above.
CRAVING MORE BREAKFAST IDEAS? YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- 7 FLAVORS OF OVERNIGHT OATS – (6 MORE FLAVORS TO LOVE!)
- HOW TO MAKE INSTANT POT STEEL CUT OATS (+ 7 FLAVORS TO TRY!)
- CORNMEAL PANCAKES WITH BLUEBERRY MAPLE SYRUP
- SUPERFOOD BLUEBERRY POMEGRANATE SMOOTHIE
- BLUEBERRY PEACH SMOOTHIE