Chocolate Cherry Hazelnut Bars – These yummy snack bars always hit the spot! Gluten and dairy free + paleo friendly!
And if so, I’ll direct you to pictures of my babies as a distraction from this post.
But holy cow. I wish I’d had these snack bars on my radar when I was pregnant and nursing. They’re so great for those moments you are so hungry you’re ready to eat anything you can get your hands on. I’m neither pregnant nor nursing at the moment, but we’ve been so crazy busy, and I love having something filling and satisfying I can grab on the go.
Perfect for snacks, picnics, or packed lunches, these snack bars really have been a go-to for me. Between this recipe and my nut-free Apricot Cherry Snack Bars, we’ve always got some on hand lately.
Lastly, I always prefer them as bars, but if you like, you can roll them into little bite-sized “truffles” if they’d fit better in lunch boxes or tiny hands for snacking.
What’s your favorite snack lately?
Looking for More Snackspiration? Try these…
- 15 Healthy Snacks You Can Make Right Now
- Trail Mix for the Week
- Apricot Cherry Snack Bars
- Nutella Energy Bites
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup dates, pits removed
- 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts
- 1/2 cup almonds (or, you can use all hazelnuts)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips, optional (can substitute 1–2 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder or carob chips)
- Place cherries, dates, hazelnuts, and almonds in a food processor. Pulse and puree until the mixture comes together, 2-4 minutes. Add chocolate chips and pulse a few more times to combine.
- Press mixture into an 8×8″ baking dish (lined with parchment, if desired) or roll into 1″ balls.