The Under $20 Gift Guide – Great gifts can be found on a budget! Here are some fun ideas to get you started! (Don’t forget to check out these posts with stocking stuffer ideas for him and her or the kids in your life!)
Post contains affiliate links.
With Thanksgiving this week (and The Big Weekend of Shopping right after), the holidays and gift-giving season is here! Today, I wanted to share some of my favorite gifts you can buy on a budget. Whether it’s for friends, sisters, teachers, neighbors (or yourself!), here are a few ideas to get you going…
1. A pair of the comfiest pants ever. I’ve already mentioned these an embarrassing number of times, but they are SO comfy. I’m a leggings/stretchypants girl through and through, but since I got some joggers a few months ago, they’ve been in regular jammie rotation. Or, you can scope out the pajama bottoms section and find something comfy.
2. A house as nice as an Anthropologie. Anthropologie’s signature scent can be yours on a budget, even if all the gorgeous (and expensive) lovely things in the store can’t. These mini candles last a LONG time and it only takes a few minutes for the scent to fill your house. Plus, how gorgeous are the jars? SERIOUSLY.
3. A popsicle mold for treats all year round! It’s no secret I love homemade popsicles. And I know it’s winter, but this is SUCH a fun gift. We use this popsicle mold to make batches all summer, but I freeze leftover smoothies from breakfast all year round. The flavor options are ENDLESS, and I promise you (and your family) will love you. (Check out my popsicle/smoothie recipes here or pick up a book!)
4. A pair of comfy, comfy slippers. These slippers are fabulous. They’re cozy, comfy, cute, and they come in a bunch of colors (or these cute shimmery ones!). Plus, they have a hard sole, so if you happen to step outside to take out the trash, pick up a newspaper, or corral an escaping toddler, they won’t be ruined. #winning
5. A better measure. I love it when cute and practical collide. I have to purposely avoid the area where carries measuring cups and spoons are sold because there are so many cute choices. From classic copper, to these crisp colorful ones, to mason jar style, and more, these make a fun little gift. Pair them with a cute whisk and a cookie or cake mix and give to neighbors, teachers, and friends!
7. An at-home mani-pedi. Give the gift that keeps on giving your budget long life by giving yourself at home manicures and pedicures. This little baby gives you soft heels in seconds, and this cleaner polish (free of the most harmful chemicals) will give your fingers or toes an instant lift!
9. A little relaxation. If you don’t follow Tara from Rad & Happy on Instagram, do it stat! She’s a Jill of all trades–she makes quilts, takes gorgeous photos, does hand-lettering, and she’s also made some coloring books! Both Pattern Play and Pattern Play 2 are full of fun, fabulous prints that cheer you up just looking at them! (see more of my favorite coloring books here)
10. A Menu Planning Pad. I use my menu planning pad every single week, and I’ve bought it to Favorite Things parties in the past. It’s always a big hit!
11. A few of the cutest and best reusable bags. I swear by BAGGU bags. They fold up into a tiny little pouch you can tuck into your purse or the glove compartment of your car. They can carry a TON space-wise and weight-wise, they last forever, and they’re machine washable, which means they stay clean and fresh! They come in lots of cute patterns, but their classic solids and stripes are also adorable. I use them for everything from grocery shopping, to a pool bag, to a gym bag on occasion. LOVE them.
13. A life-changing muffin pan. I’ve talked about this muffin pan on Instagram a LOT over the last year or two and for good reason. It’s completely (and I mean COMPLETELY) nonstick. As in, no more muffins getting stuck or cupcakes accidentally cemented to the sides. You can skip the cupcake liners and just pop out your muffins, mini quiche, or cupcakes without a problem. (Also comes in mini size, which my kids LOVE). This is great on it’s own, but package it with a baking mix or some cute oven mitts, and it’s a great gift to give!