Fresh or freeze-dried strawberries work well for this recipe. If you haven’t tried them, freeze-dried strawberries are crunchy when eaten plain (they’re not the same as dehydrated). They soften up nicely in overnight oats, and they’ll lend more pink color if fresh ones aren’t in season.
- 1/3–1/2 cup oats (old fashioned or quick cooking)
- 1/2 small banana, sliced or diced small
- 3 Tbsp diced fresh or freeze-dried strawberries
- 3/4–1 cup milk (I like unsweetened almond or coconut milk)
- 1 tsp honey (if needed)
- Combine all ingredients and place into a jar, cup, or airtight container. Cover with lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 2 hours, preferably overnight. Stir before serving and add more milk, if desired.