Mango Green Smoothie – This tropical mango smoothie makes a refreshing breakfast or snack. My kids LOVE it! (Vegan or Paleo)
It’s day 5 of our Summer Snack Camp (join us here if you missed it!), and today, we’re taking things in a refreshing direction with a delicious smoothie!
Summertime is smoothie time at our house. It’s not unusual for the 6 am temperatures to be in the 80s-90s once summer gets well underway, so even at early o’clock, it’s HOT. Then, with afternoon temperatures above 100 for months at a time, we’re REALLY into cold breakfasts and snacks.
Smoothies are a perfect healthy breakfast or snack option for us. They’re hydrating, refreshing, and one of the only ways my children will happily eat something green. This mango green smoothie is a perfect example. It’s creamy, bright, and can take a lot of greens without impacting the flavor much.
Plus, you only need a few ingredients and a few minutes to make it. Here’s what you need to blend up a batch of my mango smoothie…
HERE’S WHAT GOES INTO MY MANGO GREEN SMOOTHIE:
FROZEN MANGO. Frozen mango is delightfully sweet and picked at its peak freshness. It makes a delicious base for a mango smoothie!
FROZEN BANANA (OR PINEAPPLE OR PEACHES). Then, for some added sweetness, I add a little frozen banana. I know not everyone is a banana fan, so pineapple and peaches make a tasty substitute!
- Learn the BEST way to freeze bananas for smoothies HERE.
SPINACH OR KALE. I’ve found that most tropical fruits mask the flavor of greens beautifully. I typically add spinach or baby spinach since it’s so mild, but feel free to use whatever greens you like instead!
COLLAGEN OR CHIA SEEDS. To give these mango smoothies some serious staying power, I like adding some collagen peptides (paleo + dairy-free!), or chia or hemp seeds (vegan + plant-based). 2 Tbsp. usually does the trick!
ORANGE JUICE. Citrus does something magic to smoothies like this! It really plays up the tropical mango flavors and adds some natural sweetness we love. For extra citrus flavor, you can use all orange juice here, otherwise, we like to cut it with a little…
(DAIRY FREE) MILK. Almond, cashew, or coconut are my go-to’s for this mango green smoothie. Almond & cashew will be neutral and lighter in fat & calories. Coconut will make a creamier smoothie and add more tropical notes to the smoothie. (Not dairy-free? Dairy milk will work, too!)
6 TASTY WAYS TO TRY THIS MANGO GREEN SMOOTHIE
- WITH COCONUT MILK. To make this creamier and more tropical, it’s fun to swap almond milk for coconut milk. Mango + coconut milk = amazing!
- WITH LIME. Brighten up your mango smoothie with a squeeze of lime juice (add some lime zest for even more lime flavor!) Mango + lime is a killer combination!
- WITH AVOCADO. Or, you can add in 1/2 an avocado. It’s a great way to add some healthy fats and make this smoothie stick with you longer!
- WITH VANILLA. Channel orange Julius vibes by adding 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract to your mango smoothie. It’s delicious!
- WITH PINEAPPLE. Go tropical by using 1/2 cup frozen pineapple instead of banana (or use 1 cup mango + 1 cup pineapple + 1/2 banana.)
- WITH PEACHES. Or, do the same thing with peaches! Use frozen peaches instead of banana or go halvsies with the mango!
FAQ + TIPS & TRICKS FOR THE BEST MANGO SMOOTHIE:
MY FAVORITE BLENDER. We got a refurbished Blendtec shortly after Milo was born, and it’s been going for over 7 years and 1450 blends (there’s a counter!). It’s been worth every penny for us. They often run deals at places like Costco or Sam’s Club, too, if you want to bargain hunt!
DON’T HAVE A HIGH-SPEED BLENDER? TRY THIS! If your blender doesn’t handle greens very well, try blending the greens with the liquids first. (In this case, blend milk, orange juice & spinach till smooth.) Then, add the other ingredients. It can help you get a smoother finish!
I DON’T LIKE BANANA…WHAT CAN I USE INSTEAD? No worries! I get it. You can use 1/2 cup frozen pineapple, frozen peaches, or more frozen mango instead. All are delicious!
MAKING THIS WITH KIDS? HERE ARE SOME TIPS!
CRAVING MORE? YOU MIGHT LOVE…
- Pineapple Peach Perfection Smoothie
- Peach Mango Bliss Smoothie
- Chocolate Cherry Smoothie
- 7 Ways with Overnight Oats
- Pineapple Coconut Lime Smoothie
P.S. super cute glasses are these ones!Print