Mango Passion Fruit Popsicles – These refreshing mango popsicles taste like a tropical vacation! They’re perfect healthy popsicles for a hot day. (Paleo, Vegan)
Can I just say that testing healthy popsicle recipes is one of the BEST things I get to do?
When you live somewhere as FLAMING HOT all summer as we do, it’s delightful to cool off with a refreshing popsicle (or 12). These Mango Passion Fruit Popsicles are one of my very favorites I’ve EVER tested.
They make you feel like you’re on vacation! Their bright, fresh flavor and cheerful sunny color are so happy on a hot day, but one of my favorite parts is that you only need 3 ingredients to get started. (Just 3!)
Here’s what you’ll need for these Mango Passion Fruit Popsicles…
HERE’S WHAT GOES INTO OUR MANGO PASSION FRUIT POPSICLES:
- Frozen Or Fresh Mango. I love the bright color and sweetness that mango brings to these mango passion fruit popsicles. Fresh or frozen mango works great (I usually use frozen, since I can always have it on hand).
- Frozen Or Fresh Pineapple. Next up is pineapple. I love the brightness and lightness that pineapple adds to these popsicles. Its natural acidity and citrusy notes balance out the mango beautifully. (Mango + pineapple together are so refreshing!)
- Passion Fruit Juice. Most passion fruit juice is actually a blend of juices, so don’t stress too much if yours is actually passion fruit-pear or passion fruit-guava, for instance. I just look for 100% juice without any added sweetener. I almost always use Ceres brand, since it’s easy to find at most of my regular grocery stores, plus places like Walmart, Target, and even online! It’s also shelf-stable, so it’s easy to keep on hand for when a popsicle craving strikes.
MIX IT UP! TRY ONE OF THESE VARIATIONS ON OUR MANGO PASSION FRUIT POPSICLES:
- SWIRL WITH YOGURT. For a creamy twist, you can layer the mango passion fruit popsicle mixture with vanilla or lightly sweetened yogurt. (A little honey or agave + plain yogurt works well!)
- TRY POG JUICE! POG juice (pineapple orange guava) can be another yummy juice choice for these mango popsicles. Or, opt for something like guava juice!
- ADD STRAWBERRIES OR PAPAYA. Mix up the mango passion fruit popsicle mixture by adding 1 cup frozen strawberries or frozen papaya in place of 1 cup of the mango. (So you’d use 1 cup mango + 1 cup strawberries or papaya + 1 cup pineapple). It can be delicious!
FAQ + TIPS & TRICKS FOR THE BEST MANGO PASSION FRUIT POPSICLES
HOW TO GET POPSICLES OUT OF THE MOLD EASILY: Run each well of the popsicle mold under cold water for a few seconds at a time, then jiggle the popsicle back and forth with the popsicle stick to loosen. If they’re not coming out easily, run under water again for a few seconds and try again.
WHERE TO FIND PASSIONFRUIT JUICE. I almost always use Ceres brand, since it’s easy to find at most of my regular grocery stores (kroger, Safeway, Sprouts, Natural Grocers, Whole Foods, etc.), plus places like Walmart, Target, and even World Market or online! It’s usually kept near shelf-stable juices. Any 100% juice blend will do! (It’s ok if it’s pear-passion fruit or passion fruit guava)
OUR FAVORITE POPSICLE MOLD. This is my favorite popsicle mold. I love that it stands upright well in the freezer, holds 10 popsicles, and has a lid to hold the sticks in place while they freeze. Find it here or here! It also comes in a silicone version, which some people find they prefer.
A NOTE ABOUT FREEZE TIME. Depending on the popsicle mold you choose to use, your mango passion fruit popsicles might freeze faster or slower than mine do. Larger popsicles usually take longer and smaller ones freeze more quickly. My popsicle mold makes 10 (3-ish oz.) pops, and 3-4 hours is usually enough. Longer works great, too!
TRUST YOUR TASTEBUDS. Fruit is always variable when it comes to texture and sweetness, so your tastebuds will be your best guide in determining when the recipe is sweet enough for your taste. If, after blending, the mixture doesn’t seem quite sweet enough, feel free to add honey or agave to taste. (Blend well so you’re sure it’s combined!)
SHOP OUR FAVORITE TOOLS FOR MAKING HOMEMADE POPSICLES: