Friends, it really is the Summer of the Smoothie Popsicle. We love them. Refreshing, healthy, and made of wholesome, real ingredients. Today, I wanted to share a few tools of the popsicle trade to kick off summer AND send a prize home with one of you!
Popsicle molds come in all shapes, sizes, and price points. I have far too many popsicle molds, but we use them all! The first popsicle mold I ever purchased was from the Target dollar spot. It’s still in great condition. Several were scored for a steal on Zulily, some were scored at Ross and TJ Maxx, and some I picked up at trusty ol’ Amazon.
I prefer to use wooden sticks instead of the plastic ones. For the most part, I find they’re sturdier, and I think it’s easier to pull popsicles from their molds with a wooden stick.
Nearly any smoothie will work. If I make a smoothie for breakfast or afternoon snack and there’s a little leftover, I pour it into a popsicle mold.
Favorite Tools of the Trade
- Norpro Ice Pop Maker – This probably gets the most use at our house
- Greenco Ice Pop Maker – This makes those twin-pops that are great for little eaters.
- Tovolo Ice Pop Molds – Tovolo is a great brand. They have all sorts of shapes and sizes. We have the star molds and these grooved molds. They also have rockets and more. Lots of fun shapes!
- Eskimo Paper Baking Cups – These come in lots of patterns that are adorable for parties or birthdays. I use them when I want something a little prettier than regular Dixie cups.
- Wooden Popsicle Sticks – I get these in bulk. Look for them anywhere from Target to World Market. They’re always on sale somewhere!
NOW FOR THE GIVEAWAY!
The driving force behind any great smoothie is a fantastic blender. I’ve been using a Blendtec Designer Series Blender for just over a year now. I use it over, and over, and over. It’s been reliable, easy-to-clean, and incredibly powerful. We use ours to make perfectly smooth soups, velvety sauces, refreshing drinks, nut butters, and lots and lots and lots of smoothies.
Blendtec has just released their newest line of Designer Series blenders–The Designer Series 625. It comes with all the easy-to-operate features and the added bonus of coming in a bunch of fabulous colors. I’m dreaming of that gorgeous Seafoam, but I love the sleek Polar White, too.
This giveaway is open to U.S. readers. Winner will receive a Blendtec Designers Series 625 Blender with WildSide+ AND Twister Jars. Giveaway will run from today (Monday, May 25th through Sunday, May 31 at 11:59pm PST) Winner announced Monday, June 1st!
Happy popsicle making!!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Disclosure: This is not a sponsored post. Blendtec is providing the blender for the giveaway. I was not compensated in any way for this post. All opinions are my own. I *love* Blendtec!