These are few things I love more than a simple recipe. Most of my favorite foods are good food prepared simply and well. Lovely roasted asparagus prepared with prosciutto is one of those great dishes.
Prosciutto is good enough straight from the package, but I find I prefer it cooked and crisp, whether that’s on pizza or in a dish like this where little prosciutto “crisps” are a delicious, salty garnish. We buy uncured, nitrate-free prosciutto at Sprouts and love the flavor it adds. If you’re avoiding sugar, it’s a great sugar-free alternative to bacon. Milo and Sophie both love it cooked crisp like this, so even if I can’t talk them into trying the asparagus, I know they’ll eat up every last crumb of crispy prosciutto.
This is a super-speedy recipe that goes with almost any main dish. Serve it up with crisp halibut, next to a bowl of risotto, top it with a soft-poached egg, or pair it with your favorite chicken, beef, or pork. Really, just about anything.
Happy, happy spring!
What are your favorite easy springtime recipes?Print
- 1 bunch asparagus
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 (6-8oz) pkg. sliced prosciutto
- Trim asparagus by holding the tip and bottom and bending the asparagus until it snaps. Discard woody ends and place trimmed asparagus on a baking sheet. Drizzle with a little olive oil, sprinkle with a bit of salt and pepper and stir to coat.
- Separate prosciutto slices and spread them out on a separate baking sheet.
- Roast at 375 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until asparagus is tender and bright green. Prosciutto may need another minute or two, depending on your desired crispness.
- Crumble prosciutto over roasted asparagus and serve warm.