To make this vegan, you can substitute chia or flax eggs. Combine 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed OR 1 Tbsp chia seeds with 1 Tbsp water. Allow to sit for 5-7 minutes to activate/gel before adding to the other ingredients.
- 2 cups rolled oats (gluten free, if needed)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cups milk (I use almond milk, but any dairy or non-dairy milk will work)
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 egg (or 1 Tbsp chia seed/flax seed, as directed above)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2–2 cups frozen mixed berries
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine your dry ingredients–oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, syrup, eggs, and vanilla until well combined.
- Stir wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir to combine. Fold in frozen berries gently.
- Pour mixture into a greased 8×8 (or 2 quart) baking dish.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25-35 minutes, or until cooked through and just starting to brown on top.
- Serve with favorite toppings!