- 5c rolled oats (not quick)
- 1c wheat bran
- 3/4c whole wheat flour
- 1c shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
- 1 1/2c slivered almonds
- 1/4tsp salt
- 1/4c water
- 1/2c canola oil
- 1c + 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp vanilla
- 1 Tbsp almond extract (or more, to taste)
- 1c dried tart cherries (or more, to taste)
- In a large bowl, combine oats, wheat bran, wheat flour, coconut, almonds, and salt. Stir to combine. In a medium bowl or glass measuring cup, combine water, canola oil, honey, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Toss wet ingredients with dry ingredients, stirring well to combine and eliminate all dry patches. Spread on a cookie sheet.
- Bake at 275 degrees for about 1 1/2 hours, stirring every 20 minutes or so. Add cherries for the last 10 minutes of the cook time. Cool completely and store in an airtight container.
For a vegan option, substitute maple syrup for the honey