15 Healthy Dip Recipes to elevate your snack + entertaining game! From classic to creative, we’ve got a delicious dip for any occasion.
I am 100% a sauces and dips girlie. If I can add an extra bit of flavor to something, I’m all in! And one of my favorite ways to add flavor is with the perfect dip.
Whether you just need a simple snack, or you’re looking for an appetizer for a party, football game, or special occasion, a good dip recipe is tough to beat!
In fact, making a batch of a dip or dressing on the weekend is one of my favorite tricks to make eating my veggies easier throughout the week!
In case your snack or appetizer game could use a little refresh, we rounded up plenty of healthy dip recipes to choose from.
Our Best Healthy Dip Recipes
Now, let’s get to the recipes! We tried to round up a wide variety of our favorite dips–cold dips, hot dips, savory dips, and even sweet dips. That way, there’s something delicious for any occasion. Let’s dive in!
Transform your healthy snack routine with the refreshing flavors of our lemon hummus—it’s a delightful blend of simplicity and citrus goodness! (+ our presentation tips help turn it into a gorgeous veggie dip!)
The Best Paleo Ranch Dressing (Dairy-Free!)
This easy paleo ranch dip comes together in no time and tastes good on almost ANYTHING, from veggies to chicken wings, to potato chips, burgers and more. Dairy free, gluten free, paleo and keto approved!
Easy Homemade Guacamole
The most classic dip ever, right? This simple guacamole recipe has all the classic flavor you love. Serve it with chips, of course, but it’s also amazing on tacos, burrito bowls, taco salads, and so much more.
Healthy Caramelized Onion Dip (With Greek Yogurt!)
Our healthy onion dip recipe is a lighter spin on classic French onion dip. Made with caramelized onions, tangy Greek yogurt, and some simple seasonings, this delicious dip is the perfect party food or snack!
Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
This savory dip is quick & easy, thanks to pantry-staple ingredients. We love to eat it with fresh veggies or pita chips for a delicious snack or party appetizer, but it also makes an amazing sandwich spread!
Homemade Salsa With Canned Tomatoes
This easy dip recipe is made with canned tomatoes, so you can quickly whip up a batch next time you get a chips and salsa craving!
Chocolate Brownie Hummus
Yes, really! This healthy chocolate hummus recipe makes an awesome snack with fresh fruit, pretzels, and more. (Gluten-free, Vegan)
Vegan Artichoke Dip
This delicious dip is made without dairy, but still has all that rich, creamy, cheesy flavor you crave. Serve it with crostini, crunchy veggies, tortilla chips or crackers!
Healthy Peanut Butter Caramel Dip
This sweet dip is the perfect pairing with apple slices and bananas. Peanut butter dip is also fantastic for a brunch spread, fun snack, or healthy dessert! (No dairy required!)
Homemade Salsa Verde (Green Salsa)
Salsa is kind of the king of healthy appetizer dips! It’s perfect party food, and the leftovers can be spooned on everything from your morning eggs, to grilled chicken, to tacos.
Fresh Corn Salsa (Chipotle Copycat)
This flavorful dip is made with simple ingredients, but it packs a BIG flavor punch! This one’s amazing with tortilla chips, but try it on grilled chicken, burrito bowls, and more.
Smoky Chipotle Salsa (Restaurant Salsa Copycat)
The perfect game day snack! This restaurant-style salsa always steals the show. The secret is using a mix of tomatillos, tomatoes AND chipotle chiles for amazing flavor.
Vegan Cashew Queso Recipe
This cheesy dip is so luxurious you won’t miss the dairy! Even non-vegan guests RAVE about this dip. It’s a total crowd pleaser!
This fresh Cilantro Hummus recipe is the perfect healthy dip for fresh veggies or creamy spread for wraps. (It’s a yummy dupe of the Pita Jungle Cilantro Jalapeño Hummus!)
Easy Strawberry Salsa
When you want to mix classic + unexpected, this salsa will pass any taste test! Juicy ripe strawberries combine with lime juice, cilantro, and other classic salsa ingredients to make a sweet + spicy dip with major WOW factor.
Easy Peach Salsa
This fresh peach salsa recipe is sweet, a little spicy, and fabulous with ALL the things. (Vegan, Paleo, Gluten-Free)
Your favorite classic guacamole with a tropical twist! This simple dip recipe creates a sweet and spicy guacamole that’s delicious with all your Tex-Mex faves.
3 Tricks to Make Dips Look Pretty At Parties
Sometimes even a tasty dip can look a little underwhelming (I’m looking at you beige hummus or basically anything with refried beans!), so to make your party dips look extra inviting, try one of these tricks for pretty presentation.
- Try Fresh Herbs! Almost any savory dip can look prettier with a pop of color from fresh herbs. Cilantro, parsley, dill or basil can be nice, depending on the recipe you’re working with.
- Focus On Color. Even bland-looking dips like hummus can look more inviting when they’re surrounded by colorful veggies or fresh fruit. Think bright yellow and red bell peppers, green snap peas, orange carrot sticks, colorful radishes, and more. The more color, the better!
- Try A Simple Garnish. We eat with our eyes first, so I love to garnish with flavor cues that play up the flavors in the dip recipe. This can look like jalapeño slices on salsa, some chopped red peppers on red pepper hummus, a slice of lime on guacamole, or some cracked black pepper on onion dip. Even a drizzle of olive oil or some flaky salt can sometimes do wonders!
Delicious Dippers To Try
Now that you’ve got all that delicious dip, let’s think about dippers! Here are some of our favorite things to dip.
- Artichoke Hearts
- Bell Peppers – Try all kinds of colors, or mini bell peppers!
- Carrots – Carrot sticks, baby carrots, rainbow carrots
- Endive Lettuce
- Snap Peas
- Snow Peas
- Tomatoes – cherry tomatoes & grape tomatoes are a great size for dipping! Keep an eye out for colorful heirloom options at the grocery store for even more color.
- Bagel Chips.
- Crackers. I love sturdy gluten-free crackers or grain-free crackers
- Pita Bread or Pita Chips. Always a classic. We’re dying to try this gluten-free pita bread, but BFree and MyBread have great gluten-free options in stores!
- Plaintain Chips. Crispy plaintain chips are another great grain-free choice!
- Pretzels. We love gluten-free pretzels and pretzel sticks with hummus. That salty crunch is everything!
- Rice Cakes. Mini rice cakes or full-size rice cakes are another great option.
- Smashed Potatoes. These potatoes get crispy-crunchy and taste amazing with ranch or warm dips.
- Tortilla Chips. A little unconventional, but still delicious! Especially if you’re making salsa, guacamole, or 7-layer dip! (Try our baked tortilla chips for a lighter option!)
Dippers For Sweet Dips
- Apple Slices – Red, yellow or green apples!
- Banana Slices
- Berries – Strawberries and raspberries are our favorite, but try blackberries and blueberries, too!
- Graham Crackers or Animal Crackers
- Pear Slices
- Pineapple slices
- Pretzel Sticks or Pretzel Chips
- Vanilla Wafers (Kinnikinnick makes a gluten-free version!)
Did I miss any? What would you add?