15 Of The BEST Gluten-Free Soup Recipes To Try
Love a cozy bowl of soup? You’re in the right place! We rounded up 15+ of our best gluten-free soup recipes for your next soup craving!
I know it’s basic to say it, but I’m ALL IN for soup season. I’ve been making at LEAST one batch of soup a week since, well, September, and I don’t plan to stop until the weather warms up!
Whether you’re under the weather, looking for a healthy meal prep idea, or just need a delicious gluten-free soup recipe for a potluck, our best gluten-free soup recipes are here to help.
These soup recipes are great for gluten-free lunches and easy gluten-free dinners any night!
Our Best Gluten-Free Soup Recipes, At A Glance:
Tips FOr Making GLuten-Free Soup:
- Double-Check Your Ingredients. Gluten can hide in sneaky places like broth, bouillon, and seasonings, so be sure that each ingredient you choose is gluten-free. This definitely includes chicken broth and vegetable broth, but it also goes for add-ins like soy sauce, Worcestershire, bouillon cubes, flavoring packets, and more.
- Choose Gluten-Free Pasta & Noodles. Then, make sure you’re using gluten-free pasta or noodles for noodle soup recipes. We like Jovial brown rice pasta for making soup.
- Use Gluten-Free Thickeners When Needed. Many soup recipes (especially creamy soups), use roux or flour to thicken the texture. Use gluten-free flour or cornstarch for thickening soup rather than white flour or wheat flour to keep your soup recipe gluten-free.
- Dress It Up! Add an extra boost of flavor to soup recipes by finishing them with fresh herbs, a squeeze of something acidic (lemon juice or vinegar), a sprinkle of spice (like cinnamon, chili powder, red pepper flakes or black pepper) or a drizzle of olive oil.
Our Most Popular Gluten-Free Soup REcipes
Now, let’s dive into recipes! We’ve shared more than 50 soup recipes in our almost 15 years of blogging, but these are our crowd favorites…
Gluten-Free Chicken Noodle Soup
This easy homemade gluten-free chicken soup recipe is full of flavor, made from simple ingredients & tastes so cozy!
Cozy Autumn Squash Soup (Panera Copycat)
We recreated the Panera squash soup recipe so you can make it at home! This creamy butternut squash soup has the perfect blend of spices and is sure to warm you up on a chilly day. (Paleo, Vegan-Friendly)
Slow Cooker Ham And Bean Soup
This cozy crock pot ham bean soup is the perfect way to use up leftover ham from the holidays!
Easy Gluten-Free Potato Soup
This creamy, cozy potato soup recipe tastes like a loaded baked potato! It’s thick, hearty, and has layers of flavor in every bite. Don’t skip the toppings here–they help make the soup!
Creamy Tomato Basil Soup (Vegan, Paleo, Whole30)
My kids’ all-time favorite soup! You’d never guess that this creamy tomato soup is 100% vegan. No cream in sight, just deep, rich tomato basil flavor and a gorgeous velvety smooth, creamy texture you’ll fall for over and over again.
Gluten-Free Beef Stew (Slow Cooker Option!)
This healthy beef stew recipe is cozy, hearty, and delicious. Make it on the stovetop, in the oven, or in the slow cooker. You’ll love it every way!
Instant Pot Ginger Carrot Soup (with Slow Cooker & Stovetop Directions!)
Soothing, comforting, and done in no time, this carrot ginger soup is perfect for a chilly day. Vegan, paleo & Whole30-approved! (+Instant Pot, slow cooker, and stove top instructions included!)
Slow Cooker Sweet Potato Chili (Paleo + Whole30)
This paleo sweet potato chili recipe is one of our favorites. It’s hearty, nourishing, and made without beans. It doesn’t get much easier than the slow cooker! (Whole30, Gluten-Free)
Cozy Curry Lentil Soup
Our easy lentil soup recipe is perfect for cold weather and cozy days in. This nourishing vegetable soup a great way to use inexpensive pantry staples & makes for incredible leftovers for lunch the next day. I love adding a splash of creamy coconut milk at the end! (Vegan, Gluten-Free)
Healthy Chicken Pot Pie Soup (Whole30, Dairy-Free)
This dairy-free chicken pot pie soup is creamy and delicious, loaded with veggies and flavor. You’ll love it on a chilly day! (Whole30-Approved!)
Sun-dried Tomato White Bean Soup (Vegan)
This savory sun-dried tomato bean soup comes together in no time, but tastes like it simmered all day! (Gluten-Free + Vegan)
Salsa Verde Chicken and Rice Soup
Soothing chicken and rice soup with a salsa verde twist! This is the perfect meal for cold days or when you’re feeling under the weather. (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
Slow Cooker Pumpkin Taco Soup (Paleo & Gluten Free)
This is my all-time favorite taco soup recipe! It’s made from simple ingredients, packs in layers of nutrition, and practically makes itself in the slow cooker!
Easy Vegan Black Bean Soup
This healthy black bean soup is so simple to make! It’s hearty & nourishing and 100% vegan. You’ll love the colors and flavor.
Chicken Tortilla Soup (Gluten-Free)
This Chicken Tortilla Soup is made up of tender chicken in a savory, flavorful broth and topped with crispy baked tortilla strips and allll the goodies! (Gluten-Free + Paleo-Friendly)
Cabbage Roll Soup (Gluten Free + Paleo Friendly)
Stuffed Cabbage Roll Soup recipe is SO GOOD. Packed with big flavor in every bite, it’s like eating cabbage rolls without all the work! (Gluten-Free & Paleo-Friendly)
Gluten-Free Sides To Serve With Soup
When you’re gluten-free, the traditional sides like a crusty loaf of artisan bread aren’t always available anymore. But friends don’t let friends eat just soup for dinner! Here are some of our favorite side dishes to serve with soup:
- Gluten-Free Toast. One of the things I think most gluten free eaters can agree on is that most gluten-free bread tastes better toasted!
- Gluten-Free Rolls Or Baguettes. Udi’s, Little Northern Bakehouse, and MyBread all make great options!
- Gluten-Free Focaccia. This is my all-time favorite when you have the time.
- Gluten-Free Cornbread like this Fluffy Gluten-Free Cornbread or this Maple Cornbread
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins – These are SO GOOD! We love them with fall-inspired soups & chili
- A Simple Salad – Fall Chopped Salad, Caesar Salad, Pear & Pomegranate Salad, etc.
- Sandwiches OR Grilled Sandwiches – Always a classic, right? We love this Apple Cranberry Chicken Salad with lighter soups, but a gooey grilled cheese is yummy, too!
- Baked Tortilla Chips – So good with Southwest & Tex-Mex soups!
- Gluten-Free Croutons – These add a satisfying crunch on top of soups!