5 Menus for Date Night In – What to make when you’re doing date night in. From take-out “fake-out”, to breakfast for dinner, and lots of things in between, there are so many ways to make date night in GREAT!
I don’t think in all our years together that Michael and I have ever gone out on Valentine’s Day for dinner. At first, we were college students on a TIGHT budget, so dinner out was still kind of an extravagance. Then, we had babies, and finding a babysitter and making all the arrangements was exhausting and felt easier to make something special at home. Now that our kids are bigger (and even though we have a fantastic babysitter!), we still prefer to do date night in for Valentine’s Day.
Our kids think it’s special, and I love that we don’t have to fight a crowd. So whether your budget is tight, or there’s no babysitter to be found, or you’re just looking for something to make dinner feel special, here are 5 of my favorite menus for a great date night in.
1. Take-Out Fakeout.
I love takeout, but finding great gluten and dairy free options is tricky, and we almost always just make it ourselves.
- Paleo Chicken Lettuce Wraps – Gluten Free, paleo & whole30 friendly
- Egg Drop Soup – Gluten free, paleo & whole30 friendly
- Healthy Orange Chicken
- Healthy Beef & Broccoli
- Healthy Cashew Chicken
- Zucchini Noodle Stir Fry with Black Pepper Sauce
2. Tex Mex
Even if they’re not totally authentic, but these are some of our family’s favorite Tex-Mex options for date night in!
Entrees & Sides:
- Pumpkin Taco Soup
- Sizzling Veggie Fajitas
- Sweet Potato & Black Bean Burritos
- Slow Cooker Beef Carnitas
- Chipotle Sweet Potato Burrito Bowls
- Slow Cooker Refried Beans
It might not be *quite* a steakhouse, but these homestyle recipes will be perfect for your meat and potatoes lover! Light some candles and enjoy some comfort food.
- Bacon Wrapped BBQ Meatloaf Minis
- Pesto Salmon & Veggies
- Honey Brown Sugar Salmon
- Steak Salad with Avocado Green Goddess Dressing
- Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken with Honey Mustard Sauce
- Chipotle Mashed Sweet Potatoes (these are AMAZING!)
- Maple Dijon Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- (Gluten Free or Not!) Pumpkin Cornbread Muffins
- Salad with Homemade Creamy Ranch
Maybe you’re just craving pasta, maybe it’s all about the meatballs. Pull out a checkered tablecloth and put on some cheesy music. These options are ready in no time!
Entrees and Sides:
- Perfect Paleo Meatballs
- Easy Pomodoro Sauce
- My Favorite Pasta Sauce
- Simple Arrabbiata Sauce (a little spicy/a lot delicious!)
- Sausage Pepper Pasta
- GF Crispy Chicken Tenders (these are easily turned into chicken parmigiana!)
- Prosciutto Wrapped Chicken
- Italia Salad with Lemon Basil Vinaigrette
5. Breakfast for Dinner
Breakfast for dinner was always a family favorite in my home growing up. From waffles to French toast to egg bakes, hash browns, and more, there’s always something to love. My own family loves breakfast for dinner. We often change into our jammies early and pop on a movie or cuddle up with a blanket picnic on the floor with some soft music.
- Tropical Strawberry Pitaya Smoothie
- Very Cherry Smoothie
- Pineapple Peach Perfection Smoothie
- Banana Oatmeal Pancakes
- Blender Pumpkin Pancakes
- Gingerbread Waffles (these are spiced so beautifully–they’re good year round!)
- Raspberry Stuffed French Toast (not GFDF, but unbelievable!)
- Paleo Mini Quiche – like mini omelets!
- Hash Brown Waffles – Top them with all your savory favorites!
What’s your favorite way to make date night at home special?
Any favorite foods to make?