1. SO cute! Sophie has just started giving compliments. Almost always, these are given to Michael “Cute jeans, daddy!” or “cute taco shirt, dad!” It’s adorable. And much sweeter than the “yuck” and “iss kinda really yucky” that she exclaims about my appearance on a fairly regular basis. #winsomelosesome
2. Night Owl, Early Bird. Milo can’t seem to make his mind up lately. For two solid weeks, Milo went from going to bed fairly smoothly (waking usually about once per night and getting up at 5:45am isn) to DEATH-SCREAM protesting all bedtimes and nap times for over an hour, waking 3-4 times per night, and then waking up for the day shortly after 5. No teeth are coming in… nothing has changed in our routine… I can’t figure it out! He’s been fighting a cold, but the sleep disruption started a week before the cold did, and he’s over the cold now. Oy.
Anyone else experience this with their almost 2 year old? Did anything great work for you to help them work through it? I know when he gets older, we can try one of those clocks that light up when it’s the right time to wake up, or an easy-to-read digital clock and tell him he can’t get up until the clock says (insert magical time here). But reasoning and logic don’t seem to be working much. Any tips would be much appreciated.
Love, Sleepless in Seattle. I mean the desert.
3. Scooters. We got the kids scooters for Christmas. Since we’ll be spending the actual day with family, we opened the “big” present (that we can’t easily schlep with us) this weekend to enjoy while Michael is out of school. The kids LOVE them! We got the super simple ones by Radio Flyer. They come in pink, but we figured this way, there won’t be any fighting over who gets what. As for the helmets, Milo loves trains, so this seemed a natural fit, and we were able to talk Sophie into believing hersis a Doc McStuffins helmet (it’s not).
4. Instigator. Milo, despite his winning smile and sparkling personality, has taken on the role of instigator. Sophie’s playing with something? How about I grab it and flee the scene posthaste. Sophie would like to watch a show or read a book peacefully? Think twice, lady. Milo the Instigator is here! Most of the time, these things are resolved without significant incident, but Sophie HAS said “Mi-wo! Don’t be isstigator!” more than once this week. And he loves it.
5. Very Merry, indeed. Sophie’s Christmas program was amazing. She’s been singing sweetly in the car or while she colors. She doesn’t love when we sing (too much auditory stimulation), but I could listen to HER sing all day. And her little special needs preschool class was darling. My heart nearly burst.
Happy Weekend, dear reader! Wishing you every good thing!
p.s. Thanks to your advice (and some more research) we decided to get Milo a train (but no train table) for his birthday! We found a smoking deal on this Melissa & Doug Set.
Filed Under: 5 fact friday