30+ Delicious Whole30 Recipes
30+ Whole30 Recipes – More than 50 INCREDIBLE recipes to make your Whole30 completely delicious. We’re sharing Whole30 breakfast, lunch, and dinner ideas, condiments, and more!
For 30 days, participants avoid gluten, grains, dairy, soy, legumes, sugar (both processed and natural sources like honey), alcohol, and food additives and preservatives, then they slowly re-introduce those foods to their diet afterward. (You can find details and the nitty-gritty on the Whole30 here.)
I have never completed an official Whole30, but I have done an even more restrictive (if you can believe it) elimination diet on doctor’s orders when I was nursing Sophie and she was being monitored by a gastroenterologist for possible allergies. Later, when we went gluten and dairy free at the suggestion of her developmental pediatrician, we underwent a similar regimen for the first 30 days. It was really enlightening and gave me a chance to really evaluate how certain foods affected me and our family. It also really made me appreciate recipes labeled Whole30, as it was easy to find recipes that were gluten & dairy free, and fit the recommendations of our doctors.
I won’t be doing a Whole30 this January, but I do eat lots of Whole30-approved meals all year long just because they’re delicious. Whether you’re in the midst of figuring out food intolerances or trying to eat more healthfully, there are so many delicious and filling options out there. Here are more than 50(!!!) Whole30 recipes you can enjoy while on a Whole30!
WHOLE30 BREAKFAST IDEAS
- PALEO MINI QUICHE. These mini quiche are a great way to add variety to breakfast. Add different veggies or meats to each muffin cup for plenty of variety all week long.
- ROASTED BREAKFAST POTATOES AND VEGGIES. This veggie and potato blend is so full of flavor. It’s like my favorite skillet potatoes without all the work! Add a side of eggs, sausage, or avocado for a whole breakfast.
- FRUIT ON THE BOTTOM CHIA SEED PUDDING. One of my favorite Whole30 recipes! For a Whole30 breakfast without eggs, we love these chia puddings. They work with all kinds of fruits and taste delicious. I make them all year round!
- MEDITERRANEAN CAULIFLOWER RICE. This cauliflower rice skillet makes a great breakfast. Add sausage, eggs, avocado, or leftover proteins from the night before to fill this out a bit as needed!
- SAUSAGE AND VEGGIE BREAKFAST BAKE. I love meal prep, and this one is so good. Have a slice for breakfast all week long!
- SAUSAGE AND SQUASH FRITTATA. Seasonal and so good this time of year. This is another make-ahead meal prep recipe we all love!
- GREEN CHILE FRITTATA. You won’t believe how much flavor is packed into every bite of this tasty frittata!
- CALIFORNIA BREAKFAST BAKED SWEET POTATOES. Scroll down in that post to the breakfast stuffed sweet potato. Your life will never be the same!
- SOUPS! I love soup for breakfast during the winter, and if you’re tired of eggs, it’s a great option. Scroll down to the lunches section below for lots of my faves!
WHOLE30 SAUCES, DIPS & CONDIMENTS
For me, eating healthfully is always more enjoyable when I have a yummy sauce or dressing to put on things. Especially if you’re meal-prepping and your meals are feeling repetitive.
- THE BEST PALEO RANCH DRESSING. This is a delicious Whole30 ranch we eat all year round. You’ll put it in or on All The Things! It’ll quickly become one of your go-to Whole30 recipes.
- CHIPOTLE RANCH. Change it up with a little chipotle and lime. It’s DELICIOUS.
- CREAMY AVOCADO RANCH. This is my desert island condiment. If I could only have one for the rest of my life, it’s this. Creamy, flavorful, SO delicious and good on everything.
- DAIRY FREE PESTO. Toss it with veggies or chicken, stir it into veggie noodles, and more! (I love it in my Pesto Spaghetti Squash, which is also Whole30!)
- TOMATILLO RANCH DRESSING. So, so, so good! I love this on taco salads, paleo burrito bowls, grilled chicken, and more!
- FRESH SALSA. This easy fresh salsa is great on anything from morning eggs to carnitas beef or chicken and veggies.
- MY ULTIMATE GUIDE TO GUACAMOLE. There’s NOTHING better than a good batch of guacamole! Try all the different flavors I’ve come up with (and learn how to invent your own!)
- CITRUS AVOCADO DRESSING OR DIP. Hundreds of Whole30-ers have made and loved this over the years, especially with my Chicken Zucchini Poppers. It’s so fresh and delicious. I put it on everything!
- CILANTRO LIME RANCH DRESSING. Another great option for taco salads + burrito bowls! So fresh and easy!
- EASY MUSHROOM GRAVY. Whether you spoon this savory gravy over mashed potatoes (see the sides section below!) or over some grilled chicken, you’ll love the rich flavor!
- ITALIAN DRESSING. This tangy Italian Dressing is A-ok for Whole30 (+ the salad can be made Whole30, too!)
- POMODORO SAUCE. This Whole30 sauce is unreal! Serve it with chicken, veggie noodles, or my paleo meatballs!
WHOLE30 LUNCH RECIPES (SOUPS & SALADS)
- SLOW COOKER SWEET POTATO CHILI. This cozy, flavorful chili is awesome on a cold day. The flavor is mouthwatering, and it’s filling without feeling heavy! Plus: SLOW COOKER!!!
- SLOW COOKER PALEO BEEF STEW. This Whole30 beef stew is so good and feels so hearty and satisfying, you’ll forget you’re doing Whole30. It’s my all-time favorite beef stew. Serve it in bowls, or over some Whole30 mashed potatoes!
- CHICKEN & LIME SOUP. A classic. It’s got bright, crisp flavors and is extra yummy with some diced avocado on top. I often eat the leftovers for breakfast. And if that sounds crazy, just try it and then talk to me. You’ll be looking forward to the next bowl before you finish the first one.
- SLOW COOKER PUMPKIN TACO SOUP. Pumpkin isn’t just for October! In this recipe, it adds a velvety richness and some extra nutrition without making the soup taste like pumpkin. It’s simply taco soup at its finest.
- SAUSAGE & VEGETABLE SOUP. Pick up some Whole30 sausage and make a batch of this veggie-rich soup. It just gets better with time, so it’s a perfect meal prep recipe!
- ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH SOUP. This creamy butternut squash soup is a delicious change of pace. I add a secret ingredient that makes it INCREDIBLE.
- VEGAN CREAMY TOMATO BASIL SOUP. Such a classic recipe! This tomato soup is perfect when it’s cold outside.
- INSTANT POT CARROT GINGER SOUP. This velvety smooth soup has a savory kiss of ginger that warms you from the inside out.
- MY ULTIMATE GUIDE TO CHICKEN SALAD. This is one of those Whole30 recipes you’ll definitely want to remember. I’ve got EIGHT(!!!) yummy flavors to choose from, and most are Whole30 approved! Scoop them up with lettuce wraps, on cucumber slices, baby bell peppers, or sweet potato toast for a yummy lunch!
- BLT CHICKEN SALAD AVOCADO CUPS. These are All The Good Things in one. Trust me!
- CLASSIC EGG SALAD + 3 VARIATIONS TO TRY. Another good meal prep recipe to help you save time during the week! Serve this with lettuce wraps, on cucumber slices, or with sweet potato toast!
DELICIOUS WHOLE30 DINNER RECIPES
- CHICKEN ZUCCHINI POPPERS. The most popular recipe on my blog of all time. This one has been made by hundreds of readers over the last few years and it’s a big winner. Lots of flavor in a tiny package. You’ll want to make a double batch!
- PALEO CHICKEN LETTUCE WRAPS. Another one of my most popular recipes ever. These ones taste like the restaurant without any weird additives. I make a big batch of filling, then pack lettuce leaves for easy, filling lunches throughout the week.
- SLOW COOKER BUTTER CHICKEN. Another of the most popular recipes on my blog. I could eat this once a week and never get sick of it. Eat it on its own, with steamed veggies, or some cauliflower rice!
- PALEO JAMBALAYA. Classic flavors with a grain free twist! This paleo jambalaya uses cauliflower rice in place of regular rice for a veggie-licious spin on our old favorite. (SO MUCH FLAVOR!)
- HEALTHY BEEF & BROCCOLI. Savory, and delicious, you’ll forget you’re on Whole30 when you eat this dish! (Make sure to follow the Whole30 instructions!)
- PESTO CHICKEN SPAGHETTI SQUASH. You won’t feel like you’re missing anything when you eat this pesto chicken spaghetti squash. It’s SO flavorful and packed with protein!
- SLOW COOKER CHICKEN CURRY. I eat this on its own, over cauliflower rice, or with a hefty side of veggies. It’s SO DELICIOUS and easy, you’ll wonder where it’s been all your life!
- EGG ROLL BOWLS. This deconstructed egg roll makes a perfect quick-and-easy one pan dinner. It’s done in about 20 minutes, too! (So basically, one of the most perfect Whole30 recipes!)
- CHILI STUFFED SPAGHETTI SQUASH. I LOVE this dinner. It’s easy and delicious, and you can top it with All The Things. I love avocado, lettuce, tomato, and even sometimes some olives or avocado ranch.
- TACO CAULIFLOWER RICE SKILLET. This quick and easy recipe uses one simple shortcut and a whole lot of flavor to make a one-pan dinner the whole family will love.
- GRILLED CHICKEN SATAY. This grilled chicken satay is one of my favorites. Pair it with the “peanut sauce” (made with cashew butter for Whole30) and you’ll never go back!
- EASY BRUSCHETTA CHICKEN. Another yummy grilled chicken recipe, this bruschetta chicken has a tomato basil topping that feels so fresh and light! (You can also make it inside in a pan!)
- VEGETARIAN SHEPHERD’S PIE. Not every Whole30 meal needs meat! I love this hearty veggie shepherd’s pie. Make it with mashed potatoes or mashed cauliflower. It’s up to you!
- SHEET PAN SAUSAGE & VEGGIES. Just make sure you’re using Whole30 sausage, and you’re good to go! (Aren’t one-pan dinners the best!?)
- SLOW COOKER BEEF CARNITAS. These beef carnitas are great for stuffing baked sweet potatoes, spooning into lettuce wraps, tossing into taco salads, or making paleo burrito bowls.
- PALEO MEATLOAF MINIS WITH BACON & BBQ SAUCE. If this isn’t comfort food, I don’t know what is! Serve with one of my mashed potato recipes below! (PS – Don’t worry, I’ve got Whole30 BBQ brand suggestions!)
- PALEO SWEET POTATO SALMON CAKES. I love serving these with my chipotle ranch for some extra kick!
- SLOW COOKER SLOPPY JOE-TATOES. These are a combo of stuffed baked potatoes and sloppy joes. You’ll love them!
- PERFECT PALEO MEATBALLS. Tender, delicious, full of flavor. We love these with my pomodoro sauce! Enjoy alone or over veggie noodles!
- STUFFED BAKED SWEET POTATOES. Try the Buffalo Chicken, BBQ (use compliant sauce!), Breakfast, and Chili versions!
WHOLE30 SIDE DISHES + VEGGIES + MORE
- CRISPY SMASHED POTATOES. My favorite! These smashed potatoes are crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. Perfect with favorite protein (and extra awesome with my paleo ranch dressing!).
- CHILI ROASTED ZUCCHINI. This easy zucchini recipe is one of our favorites for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Simple spices make this the perfect easy side dish.
- THAI CUCUMBER SALAD. Fresh, light, and tangy, this cucumber salad is great with my butter chicken, curry, or chicken satay recipes above!
- INSTANT POT MASHED POTATOES. Creamy, fluffy, and delicious, these Whole30 mashed potatoes are perfect for serving with hearty main dishes or beef stew!
- GREEN BEANS WITH BALSAMIC PEPPER RELISH. One of my all-time favorite side dishes! The peppers on top keep things interesting and there’s SO much yummy flavor going on, you’ll be glad it’s time to eat your veggies.
- CHIPOTLE MASHED SWEET POTATOES. These mashed potatoes are going to change your life for the better. The little kick makes them incredible!
- SLOW COOKER SPICED PEAR SAUCE. In the winter when fruit options are limited, this spiced pear sauce is so satisfying! (Sometimes I stir in collagen for a secret protein boost!)
- CINNAMON ROSEMARY SWEET POTATOES. These make your house smell heavenly, and they taste delicious any meal of the day. Serve them with eggs or avocados for breakfast, pair them with leftovers for lunch, or any meaty main for dinner!
- ASPARAGUS WITH PROSCIUTTO CRISPS. Many kinds of prosciutto are Whole30 compliant. Crisp them up in the oven and add them to green veggies for a savory side.
- FRENCH-STYLE POTATO SALAD. Potato salad gets a lighter makeover with this vinegary dressing. It’s got so much fabulous flavor! Pair it with chicken, sausage, steak, or fish!
- SWEET POTATO “NOT FRIES”. Roasted sweet potatoes with a curly fry seasoning. These aren’t fries, but they sure taste amazing!
I haven’t done a whole whole 30, I did it or 7 days and couldn’t handle much more than that, but I did lose about 5 pounds in that week, and felt great, so I do know it works! I’m saving this for after I have my baby in March for some healthy food ideas!
Thank you so much for making our lives so simple by giving us these 30 simple breakfast ideas now I don’t need to make the same old breakfast every day and try these recipes as well and make my husband try and see if he likes them or not, will surely share this with my friends as well.